Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support Claim form

Important - Please read carefully before making a claim.

If you are receiving Universal Credit, or are eligible to claim Universal Credit, then you need to make a claim for your housing costs from the Department for Work and Pensions unless you are a pensioner or live in supported accommodation.

You can only make a claim for Housing Benefit if one of the following applies:

  • You and your partner are pension age

  • You live in temporary accommodation provided by Trafford Council (including HOST)

  • You live in supported or exempt accommodation

If you do not fit into any of the above categories you need to apply for Universal Credit online at https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/how-to-claim

Universal Credit does not include assistance with your Council Tax, please complete the form if you need to apply for Council Tax Support.

Start a new form

Choose this option to start a new application.

Continue with a saved form

Choose this option to continue filling out a saved application